Thursday, May 30, 2013


This  last few weeks have been busy.... Kids getting out of school, a wedding, selling our current house, buying a new house, packing boxes, doing hair and being mom. Although its been busy,  I couldn't be happier with life right now.  Last weekend my dear friend Tiff and I were able to go to Mesquite for a few days and to Vegas for Kami and Rich's wedding.  It was a much needed get away.  The weather was perfect, the company was perfect and we laughed and laughed and laughed the entire car ride. :) We ate at an amazing steak house and got a 80 minute massage.  Laid by the pool and gambled a bit. Laughter is the best medicine, so I am sure I am fully healed.  I have the greatest friends in the world, and I love every one of them.

I thought my hair would be long gone by now. I am on day 27 of treatment.  My hair is shedding like crazy but no clumps yet....Which is a real bummer because I have had some really good hair days the last few weeks.  I want to pull a Britney Spears move and buzz it all off and shock everyone.  I think when the time comes I will do so, and then look in the mirror at myself and say, " It's Britney B****!"
I told my sisters today that I am terrified to lose my hair.  Seems so silly when I know my cancer is very curable and I am going to be just fine after all is said and done.  Ill just be a baldy for a while.

Today is my sister Brandy's birthday.  She is such a wonderful sister and I love her so much.  She is an incredible friend, wife and mother, she is smart, kind and beautiful and she is amazing!  Mindy and I arranged a surprise lunch with some of her besties.  We had so much fun and Brandy was so happy to see them.  Then we went shopping.....Picture all three of us in a handicapped dressing room with a cart full of clothes and my little Taylor as well.  Early 90s music playing as we tried on different things.  I of course busted a few dance moves in my undies (spanx-if you don't have some, GET SOME!) and that is always a treat.  One of my favorite things about my sisters is that we can laugh and have a good time no mater the stresses of life.  Mindy thinks I am the funniest person alive (she is right) and Brandy humors us both.  We all try on the same things and it is so funny how different our bodies are.  Pants that are supposed to be crops or capris on Brandy are long enough to be pants.  Those same pants on me look like knee shorts.  Mindy fetches Brandy and I sizes and returns with the sizes we requested along with a few sizes bigger because she knows those are our true sizes we should buy to avoid muffin top. Throughout each of our lives we have each laughed at our fluctuating weight loss and weight gain.  Mindy is almost nine months pregnant and is adorable.  Brandy is and has been the thinnest of us for a while.  I am supposed to be the sick sister with cancer, who you would think is losing weight rapidly and frail.  Hmmmmm..... Ive never felt more normal or had such an appetite?!?  I hear its the steroids.  Having sisters is the best and Ill tell you why... I would never tell a friend that they look horrible in something.  I will only kindly steer them away from the fashion no no.  I do tell Mindy and Brandy if something looks bad, and they never miss a chance to do the same for me.  It is usually followed up by, "Really? I thought I looked really cute." And then we all crack up.  Whoever is the thinnest at the time we make fun of because  secretly we are jealous.  We never hurt each others feelings, rather its an ongoing joke over the years.  The "chubby clothes" are passed around to the chubby sister.  Pretty smart of us if you ask me. We had a lovely time and it was a blast!

Funny how perspective on life changes when illness or a trial arises. How soon we also forget after we are given the strength to overcome these trials.  Maybe thats why we always have a struggle even if it a small one.  Now more than ever I consider each day a blessing and I have never felt so lucky to be surrounded by the people I share my life with.  My sisters are choice women who have made me the woman I am.  They have taught me so many things over the years and I'm positive we would be lost without each other.  We don't bicker or have arguments and we have an unexplainable understanding of one another.  I hit the mother load when it came to sisters and you should all be jealous. ;)

Chemo tomorrow bright and early.  One more month and scans will be repeated to see where we are at.  I feel so fortunate we live in a time where medications are readily available to each of us in times of sickness.  I am thankful for an amazing support system.  I am thankful for my hubby and the amazing man he is.  I am so proud I am the mother to three incredible daughters that bring so much happiness to my life.  I am doing so well under these circumstances and I appreciate all the love and concern from each of you.  XO

 Birthday girl
 Happy Birthday lunch
What a cute group of gals
 photo Angie-Post-Footer-04_zpsf692e787.png

No comments: