Friday, May 17, 2013

Here we go.....round two

Here we are again.  Almost feels like its not so big of a deal being here, getting poison administered from nurses wearing hazmat suits.  Ironic that all I can think about is my dear brother in law, Tom.  Didn't sleep much last night, woke up every hour and tossed and turned thinking about my sisters sweet little family.  As we talked last night my sister Brandy said, "Tom and I would kill for lymphoma at this point." and we giggled.  Their strength and bravery through this time in their lives amazes me.  Tom is going to show this cancer who is boss.... Must run in the family! ;) I told him we are more alike and he and I must be the strongest people in our family because we were diagnosed with this yucky stuff. HA

Both of our families have been blessed in so many ways it is hard to recall all of the things people have done for us.  The encouraging texts, emails, visits and kind words that will help us kick this cancers A$$!!  The exciting events that have been planned are going to be so much fun and give us something to look forward to.  Truly amazed and humbled at the kindness and concern from people.  I have been given the most incredible parents (all of them) the most giving, kind hearted siblings, the most supportive, loving friends and neighbors in the world.  My husband inspires and encourages me every day since we have met.  I am so in love with this man.  He is everything good, happy, positive and wonderful that I strive to be.  Plus...He is a babe and I love his new red Cinci hat he is sportin today! He makes me laugh, We cry together in happy and sad times.  He understands me with no words being said.  He knows what I am thinking and he caters to me and our little girls! He amazes me and if you are tired of hearing it...too damn bad!  ;) My daughters are straight from heaven.  Although, they test my patience at times.  I am so lucky to be a mother. There is nothing more important to me than those little gals.

We met with our doctor this morning before we started chemo and I am responding well.  The small tumors on the left side of my neck can hardly be felt anymore.  I am so blessed to have a strong body (big bonded) body that can handle this challenge.  I am even more blessed to have a strong mind, although a lot of you will disagree because lets face it... Im a ditz.  When I was told I may have cancer I remember sending a text to my step mom, Kris saying, "I cannot do this, I swear it I don't have the strength." Strange, how quickly I was given the strength to not only do this,  but DO THIS!!! The only way that this is possible is through the prayers from friends and family and a watchful eye of our Heavenly Father.  I will stay positive for my family and for myself because I am freaking awesome.... and I don't really have a choice, do I?  Why, yes I do have a choice and Im coming fierce baby!!!! WATCH OUT!! XO
Got alot on my mind....
and yes Im a red head now....WHY NOT? I already feel smarter! YOLO
Left; Joe McFarland Western Division President of Home Depot
Right; Jeff Rodda Senior District Investigator aka Jake's Boss

Also, this week Jake was able to give our Angie's Army bracelets to some pretty important people that Work with him.  Home Depot proves again, it is an incredible company that is so very supportive through all of this.  I have seen and heard so many amazing stories about the associates of this company.  I will never shop at Lowes again...and you should't either (Dad) ;)
 photo Angie-Post-Footer-04_zpsf692e787.png

No comments: