Friday, May 31, 2013

Fake it til you make it?? Homie don't play dat!!

The first thing they do when we get here for treatment is access my port to draw blood.  They make sure that your blood cell counts are normal before they administer drugs.  There are a lot of students here today watching and learning.  Kind of scares me, I hope they know Im no guinea pig and this aint' just like taking someones vitals.  And yes I know aint' aint' a word! :) The red devil drug which is a part of my ABVD treatment and the B for bleomicine is scary..... Every 2 cc's that are pushed they pull back and watch for blood return to make sure it is going to he right spot.  It is toxic, toxic stuff and no offense but Id rather a highly trained nurse administer it than a nervous student.  Students please don't come near me with a ten foot pole.  I know what I was thinking and feeling when I was a student and that was only for perming and washing grannies hair.  "Fake it til you make it"???  No faking it when the toxic stuff spills out onto my skin and I lose a limb.  Glad they didn't come too close or I would have yelled, "FIRE!" dead serious, I would have.

When they give these drugs the taste and smell that overcome you is yucky!!!  It is like opening a bottle of rubbing alcohol and inhaling over and over again.  Thankfully I came prepared with an oldy but a goody.  Grape Big League chew... YUM!  I even shared with the nurse because I didn't want to be the only one chomping.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for all the love, as always I am a lucky gal to have all of you.  XO
This is what it looks like before they hook me up
this takes me back....
 photo Angie-Post-Footer-04_zpsf692e787.png

No comments: