Thursday, May 2, 2013

Is it tomorrow already??

The port that was put in my chest yesterday has been really sore. I feel like someone took a hammer to my chest.  I think part of the problem is the original surgery to remove the lump hasn't fully healed, and  both the new incisions made are really close to where the first one was....eeeeeek!!!! It was burning and itching today so I took off the saran wrap like tape that was surrounding the gauze and it was blistered.  Pretty sure it was an allergic reaction. The good news is,  I have never been allergic to anything in my life and now when people say are you allergic to anything I can say, "why yes, I am." Then when they ask, "what",   I will reply, "to the saran wrap like sticky tape stuff they use in surgery."  I didn't expect it to be so painful and I am so thankful I chose Wednesday to have it put in instead of Tomorrow morning before chemo....That would have been a real doozy on top of treatment.



The port :( and the itchy little blisters.... My port deserves a name, any ideas? After all, It is going to help save me! XO

diapar bag packed for tomorrow- check
yummy snacks and drinks for treatment- check
gossip mags in bag- check (thanks Shanny)
unbelievably soft blanket from my dear friend, Sheryl- check
new macbook (that Jakey got me this week, so I could blog) ( Hes amazing......) made me cry-check
my loverboy- aka chemo date- check

Pretty sure Im gonna meet some pretty amazing people during treatment.  Thankfully, fabulous friends are right up my alley!!!! ;)
LETS DO THIS!! 
 photo Angie-Post-Footer-04_zpsf692e787.png

1 comment:

Mackenzie said...

You can do this Ang! I close friend of mine battled Non- hodgkins (the dreaded of the hodgkins) and she rocked it. Hard long road but she is cancer free! Love you hang in there and our prayers our with you!