Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013....where do I begin???

2013-What a year it has been... to say the least.  I feel so humbled and blessed to be where I am today.  I cannot put into words my feelings of gratitude, but I will try.  I have 3 beautiful, healthy, smart daughters that are my whole world!  Some days they give me a run for my money, but I wouldn't change it for a thing.  Allie is turning into a wonderful young woman who is much more like me than I like to admit.  She is going to move mountains.  She is sensitive, caring and doesn't miss a beat. She will be an amazing mother someday.  She took such great care of all of us over the year.  Lexi will always be my baby.  She is such a joy to be around.  She loves to giggle and be tickled.  She is a wonderful helper and she has loved having a baby sister to help with.  She loves school and has so many friends.  Little Taylor  Sue has saved me.  End of story!!  Her sweet little spirit came into our family at the perfect time.  She is an angel straight from Heaven.  She made me keep going on my darkest days.  I had to keep going and she needed me to keep going, so I did.  She has the funnest little personality and she is changing everyday.  She is so funny, just like her mommy! ;) She loves her sisters and her Daddy so much!  I am so thankful for the huge blessing and little piece of Heaven she brings into each of our lives every single day.  I have an amazing, hard working, handsome supportive husband who gives me everything I ever need and more.  He has been so supportive throughout the entire year.  He never fails to amaze me with his encouragement, strength and ability to cope.  He is very wise beyond his years.  He continues to love our daughters, every single day! He hugs them, kisses them, tells them how great they are and talks with them.  His loving example over the last five years has taught me more about giving and serving others than he will ever know.  He always puts our needs before his own and I couldn't be happier with the choice I made. Thank You, Jakey!  I love you so much.

I have the most amazing friends a girl could ask for.  Each one of them helped me so much over the course of the year.  Running kids around, carpool, taking them for fun activities, making meals, cleaning my house,  grocery shopping, watching sweet baby girl while I had treatments, driving me around town while I sucked on morphine pops because my throat hurt so bad from radiation. Or as I called it, (Driving crazy Ms. Daisy) haha! Thanks, Chelsey! The visits, cards, flowers, meals and messages to check in on me and my family meant the whole wide world to me.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I love each of you so much and I can never repay you for what you have done for me.

When Tiff said she was gonna do a 5k fundraiser for me and Tom I knew it would happen, because by hell when she says she is gonna do something, she does it! ;) And she went above and beyond to make it happen.  It was amazing, and we had a huge turnout.  So many incredible people coming together to pull off something amazing!  All the planning with the city (Tiff and Kara North), donations, registration (Chris Finken, Tiff), Tiff- getting sponsors, raffle (Reena, Kaye, Kris, DAD)  set up, clean up,  putting all the bags together with tshirts and race numbers (Tiff, Brian, Kaili, Krystal, Chelsey, Misty, Julie, Robyn, Kami, Laura, Kara North, Allie, Kara Barney.  My parents,  Mike and Kris Holmes, Kevin and Barbara Camp, Carloe Molyneux, (collecting donations), The Henry family (all of you) taking payments, helping with raffle, day of race registration, and everything else.  Terrell Rohm for your computer skills with day of registration and numbers.  Kade and Kara Barney for all the nice, cold drinks! The LDS church- the property it was held at.  Stanley Steemer,  (Damon Paxman), Peerless Electric  (Reggie and Deann Huffman), Coca-Cola (Kade Barney), Utah Community Credit Union, Ultimate Dance, (Misty Anderson),  The Sugaryshrink.com, Blossom Clothing Botique, Life's Solutions Counseling, Tomi Hill for the logo design for shirts and banners.  Reni Gardner for the amazing banners.  Joe Tuia'ana for your speakers and stereo equipment. Melissa Zurcher, (Zurchers) for paper products and raffle tickets.  Holmes and Holmes (Dad), for the huge AC unit that kept all of us from getting too hot.  Family and friends who came from all over, drove into town to support us.  Scott Severinsen for lending us the golf cart for the race and the Summer! :) Volunteer photographers (Ali and Jen) , drink station volunteers, 26.2 running co., Rebel Style Racing,  (Scotty and Wendel Electric), SS Crossfit, Anytime Fitness, NEUROWORX,  Paypros, Brickyard Buffalo.  Wow, that's alot of people... THANK YOU!! :) ALSO, shout out to My fabulous sister, Mindy who was there in spirit, but was busy with her brand new baby!!  If I forgot anyone, forgive me. Such a fun, memorable event that we will never forget!

Starting line...
*TEAM TOMMY*ANGIES ARMY*

my beautiful, brave sister Brandy (Toms wife)

Such fun pics which Im glad were taken, because that day is a blur.  I had just had a treatment! Such a wonderful event.

I had a scan a few weeks ago, and they looked wonderful!! Hopefully many more of those to come.  I am so blessed to have made it through a trying year that I never though Id make it through.   That may sound dramatic, but I truly thought I couldn't do it when we got the diagnosis.  I didn't believe what was happening to my little world.  I didn't understand and I didn't know how we would get through it.  I was given strength and courage to keep going.  Through prayer and prayers from others I was given clarity and peace that things would be okay...That my little family would be okay, whatever the outcome.  I needed to have faith!  Heavenly father poured blessings out on our family, every single day!  He allowed us to grow and learn from this experience.  I am so grateful for these things!  I am so very grateful that I  can hug my littles every day and kiss them and tell them how much I love them.  I tell them I am so lucky I get to be their mom.  I find happy, small moments every day in the hustle and bustle of things.  I loved sharing the Holidays in our new, beautiful home with my family.  I love hearing the girls sing and play and go about their days.  I am even thankful for the arguments, hormones of daughters and little daily struggles we have.  I challenge each of you to tell your spouse, and children every day how special they are to you.  Tell them fun memories of when they were smaller, often and watch them light up.  They need our encouragement, love and support more than we know.  They need our kisses and hugs even when they are naughty! That is probably when they need it most! I need to work on this.  Tell your spouse what you appreciate about them.  Tell them why you fell in love with them and why you are still in love with them.  If you feel disconnected from someone, serve them and try your hardest to reconnect!  If you need to forgive someone, DO IT!!! Its that easy!  Let anger, jealousy and hostility go.  These things will RUIN you and your ability to love and receive love. Enjoy your job, no matter how hard or boring or whatever!  Be happy that you have the ability to provide for yourself and your family and have the strength to do so.  Smile and laugh everyday!  Smile at a stranger! Wave at a stranger! Buy a meal for a stranger in a restaurant, or pay for the persons coke or twenty cheeseburgers behind you in the drive thru.  (Especially if you finished ordering before they did, so you pull ahead thinking you go first and then you proceed to the first window ahead of them, while they curse at you and flip the bird at you while banging on their steering wheel...with your kids in the car.  Instead of flipping the bird back, pay for their order.  They will think twice next time and possibly return the favor for another!) TRUE STORY! HA! Doing something kind for someone else will fill your heart with such joy and happiness and it is CONTAGIOUS!!  People I am telling you that it takes ten times the energy to be angry and upset and hold grudges.  BE HAPPY!! I love each one of you and pray that we can all love life and enjoy it to the fullest!  Spend time with loved ones and make wonderful memories that will last far beyond this life! Happy New Year!!  XOXO

 photo Angie-Post-Footer-04_zpsf692e787.png

No comments: