Thursday, September 12, 2013

Radiation

So here we are two radiation treatments left to go and so much more has happened than I thought would.... This has been a challenge and I have tried to be brave and strong.  Radiation the first few days was a breeze.  Then my throat stared to hurt, then it started to really hurt. Like I couldn't eat or even swallow hurt. I expected a mild sore throat but nothing like this.  Monday morning I called and got in to see doc and explained my situation.  My esophagus is burnt obviously from radiation but I also had an infection and swollen tonsils.  I was given a "pain sucker" (famous with cancer patients) and told after a few minutes I would be loopy and the pain would be gone.  As I went for blood work I ate the whole thing and had no relief... And I mean NONE!
I marched straight back in there and told them I had no improvement.  They gave me antibiotic, steroids and pain pills, finally.  Some relief.  Unreal how bad my throat hurt and still hurts.  Two more days to go and then it should start getting better.  It has been a doozy and just all part of the process.   The last few times I lay on the radiation table and they strap me down with the mask on I get so anxious I literally have to meditate or go to a far away place so I don't lose it.  This journey has not been easy, but I have learned a lot about myself and how I handle things.  I have been so blessed by all the help and support that others offer daily.  My dear friend, Chelsey takes me almost every day because I cant drive on crazy pills. :) THANK YOU SO MUCH! She sits and takes care of Taylor while Im in there and it  has taken so much stress off me.  Love her!  After this last treatment Monday I will be free for six weeks then a follow up with oncologist.  I cannot wait to feel normal and healthy again,  Do not take your health for granted.  EVER!! I know I have in the past and I am going to be better!!  Thank you for all your prayers, love and thoughts....XO

BEING STRAPPED DOWN WITH MASK...EEEEK!
 >  photo Angie-Post-Footer-04_zpsf692e787.png

No comments: